On May 25, Governor Hickenlooper signed Senate Bill 18-167 into law. Senate Bill 18-167 included the following improvements to the Colorado One Call Law:
- Creation of an enforcement agency, known as the Underground Damage Prevention Safety Commission (housed under Division of Oil and Public Safety)
- Elimination of a tiered membership and all members will be directly notified by Colorado 811
- New ticket types: Subsurface Utility Engineering tickets, Road Grading tickets
- Mandatory Positive Response through Colorado 811
- Adding a secondary excavator to locate tickets
- New facilities installed on or after August 8, 2018 must be electronically locatable
Colorado Revised Statutes 2022, TITLE 9 SAFETY – INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL went into effect on June 1, 2022.