- Damage Prevention Liaison - Northeast Region
Are you ready for a job with meaning?
Working for Colorado 811 means you are helping to protect Colorado’s underground infrastructure.
Are you an outgoing people-person?
As a Damage Prevention Liaison (DPL) you will act as a community representative and help keep the community you live in safe. You will get to work various events and interact with industry stakeholders and the public on a regular basis. The DPL position is a remote position with travel throughout the northeastern region of Colorado.
Colorado 811 is the utility protection center for the state of Colorado.
What does that mean?
It means we help protect anyone who is digging from hitting underground utility lines. We pride ourselves in our family friendly and healthy lifestyle culture.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation
- Annual cost of living increases
- Work from home position
- Company vehicle provided
- Extremely flexible Schedule
- Employer paid health insurance
- 401k (after one year of employment)
- Wellness programs
- Paid time off
- Fun activities and incentives
- Ergonomic workstation options
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Damage Prevention
- Provides support for Damage Prevention Director, promoting the growth & awareness of Colorado 811 to users, members and excavators in assigned region and throughout Colorado
- Identify and initiate contact with excavators and owners of underground facilities that are not currently participants to explain the benefits derived from the compliance of Colorado state law and use of Colorado 811
- Assists in the promotion of excavation safety and damage prevention by providing support during educational meetings with excavators, along with conferences, trade shows, onsite workshops and conventions to inform the general public
- Provides support at regional and statewide Damage Prevention Councils
- Promotion and instruction of web service programs
- Prepare and submit timely reports on activities and expenses
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Self-motivated, dependable, flexible schedule and with a good driving record
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Excellent, above average customer service technique, map reading skills & geographical knowledge of Colorado
- Proficient and professional verbal communication & grammar skills
- Create and maintain business appropriate relationships with personnel from all levels of the organization and industry
- Ability to create or use proven efficiency practices
- Able to think & act clearly when dealing with an emergency or stressful situation
- Keyboard and mouse proficiency
- Knowledge and use of current technological resources
- Ability to sit or stand while performing job duties for an entire shift with a minimum of unavailable time
- Unscheduled absences kept to a minimum
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Uphold the Colorado 811 Mission Statement and Quality statement
- Bilingual (fluent in Spanish is a plus!)
- Marketing and/or public relations experience preferred
- Promotion from Damage Prevention Specialist or equivalent experience in: · Customer service · Contact center ·One-Call industry
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- Four- year degree in public relations preferred, business or engineering field and /or equivalent experience required
- Primarily telecommuting with frequent travel to stake holder work sites
- Extensive travel throughout assigned region with occasional to frequent travel to Colorado 811 office and other state regions as assigned
- Company vehicle with travel expense reimbursement
- Follow current dress code policy with expectation of more business appropriate attire and self-presentation beyond basic guidelines
- Normal business hours with occasional after-hour and weekend travel and event participation
- Salary; Exempt; annual cost of living increases and bonuses based on both defined expectations and observed performance. Contingent upon approved annual operating budget
Job Type: Full-time
Starting Annual Salary: $50,000