Each year Colorado 811 observes and celebrates April as National Safe Digging Month. This year Colorado 811 and the Underground Damage Prevention Safety Commission partnered with the state and Colorado Governor Jared Polis to secure a proclamation declaring April as Safe Digging Month.
On this page, you will find various resources to help promote National Safe Digging Month. If you are interested in doing more or have questions, please email us.
How you can Support Safe Digging Month
Below are some idea and resources for your organization to help raise awareness around 811 and safe digging month. See resources section below.
- Share our graphics social media messages on your company social platforms
- Send our press release to local media outlets
- Order free 811 vehicle stickers to give to employees
- Remind anyone who may plan to dig that they must contact 811 first and that it’s a free service
- Utilize our Damage Prevention Liaisons for free training or toolbox talks for construction crews
- Social media messages
- Social media graphics
- Safe Dig Month Proclamation
- Safe Dig Month press release
- 811 sticker order form
- 811 Fact Sheet
- Contact our Damage Prevention liaisons